[MD] a flimsy canopy of patterns

Joseph Maurer jhmau at comcast.net
Thu Dec 20 12:28:03 PST 2012

Hi MarshaV and All,

My reactions are to SOM, a duality in existence.  DQ is indefinable and
DQ/SQ cannot be considered a duality in existence but rather a modality of
existence, indefinable/definable.  This opens the door to evolution as
levels in existence giving a structure to the modality, evolution, without
violating DQ/SQ metaphysics.  DQ is indefinable not non-existent.

Joe

On 12/19/12 11:36 PM, "MarshaV" <valkyr at att.net> wrote:

> Joe,
>
> Secure?  Good luck with that project...
>

> Marsha
>

> On Dec 19, 2012, at 5:41 PM, Joseph  Maurer <jhmau at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi MarshaV and All,
>>
>> I can't relate to a bottomless craving.  IMHO In DQ/SQ metaphysics the
>> indefinable is present.  For variety Evolution in existence seems a more
>> secure approach than thirst.  I can experience the indefinable.
>> Communicating that experience follows the metaphysical structure of DQ/SQ.
>>
>> Joe
>>

>> On 12/19/12 9:14 AM, "MarshaV" <valkyr at att.net> wrote:
>>

>>> Suffering
>>>
>>> ---
>>> "What Is the Cause of Social Dukkha?
>>>
>>> "According to Shakyamuni, the cause of our suffering is _tanha_, usually
>>> translated as "craving" but more literally as "thirst."  Nothing we drink
>>> can
>>> ever assuage our tanha, because that thirst is due to an emptiness at the
>>> core
>>> of our being.  It is as if that core were a bottomless pit, something like
>>> the
>>> black hole that astronomers believe lie at the center of most galaxies.  No
>>> matter how much we try to fill up our own black hole with this or that,
>>> everything is swallowed up and disappears into it.
>>>
>>> "It is bottomless because our sense of self is an ungroundable construct.
>>> Notice, however, the second noble truth does not identify our problem as
>>> groundlessness.  The problem is "thirst". --- not the emptiness at the core
>>> of
>>> our being but our incessant efforts to fill that hole up, because we
>>> _experience_ it as a sense of lack that must be filled up.  The problem is
>>> not
>>> that I am unreal but that I keep trying to make myself real in ways that
>>> never
>>> work.  This implies there might be another way to experience  our
>>> groundlessness."
>>> Moq_Discuss mailing list
>>> Listinfo, Unsubscribing etc.
>>> Archives: