[MD] Static patterns are ever-changing?!? i

David Morey davidint at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Oct 5 04:53:36 PDT 2013

Hi Horse

I am more than happy to see percepts as DQ,  just seems to me the complexity and qualities of percepts are what we would call patterned,  shapes and colours give us patterns,  we can add concepts to these to make more sense of them,  but the patterns flourish unaided in our experience anyway,  sure there is an underlying unity,  but does James exaggerate this a bit? Does experience not always continuously bubble,  we are drawn to this or that,  we experience differences,  the hot and the cold,  is not our first action at birth to cry,  breaking the unity? No doubt concepts take cutting up experience to a new level,  but experience is clearly full of variance,  variance means difference,  and our first processing of this must be to experience pattern, I take concepts as something babies and cultures only add later,  primary experience is surely full if pattern recognition pre-conceptually.

David M