[MD] Un-Pure Experience

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Mon Oct 28 08:28:20 PDT 2013

Andre,

On Oct 28, 2013, at 10:03 AM, Andre wrote:

> Andre previously:
> I share your frustration dmb and it seems to me that despite Pirsig's MoQ some posters/lurkers are so trapped in SOM that they really, absolutely cannot find their way through the words/concepts used. They are still seen as a prison... as 'Marsha' does.
>
> Marsha:
>
> Proof?   Or, or like dmb, is one expected to accept what you say because it reflects a pattern flittering through your mind: incomplete, conditioned, thinking; biases, emotional, prejudices, preferences, habit; your own particular reactions to words and concepts.  I don't think so...
>
> Andre:
> Loads of projections once again. Here is what Marsha wrote on May 11, 2011:
>
> 'I not only agree with Mark that language is a kind of prison, but I also think patterns are a kind of prison.'

The entire response in the [MD] e: [Bulk] Re: Keep on Truckin' thread

Marsha:
I not only agree with Mark that language is a kind of prison, but I also think patterns are a kind of prison.

"To the extent that one's behavior is controlled by static patterns of quality it is without choice.  But to the extent that one follows Dynamic Quality, which is undefinable, one's behavior is free." [LILA}

Marsha now:
Yes, in this context it fits well.

> No-one should be surprised at the language used because it leaves room for the Lucy trick. Just like the atomic bombs that fell on Hiroshima and Nagasaki_were like_  an illusion.
>
> Back then she said: 'a kind of prison'.
>
> That is: not really a prison but like a prison. Not really an illusion but like an illusion.

Marsha:
One with little need for certainty.  Do you understand the difference between a simile and IS (to exist)?

Marsha