[MD] Pirsig, Chris Alexander, and E. Yudkowsky walk into a bar...

Dan Glover daneglover at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 20:58:54 PDT 2015

Hello Austin,

Great to have you with us! So you've read Lila and Lila's Child... you
come prepared, I see. Speaking of Nassim Taleb and his work on black
swan events (not to mention his bartending skills), Lila's Child fits
the bill, at least in my own personal experience. There was no way I
could reasonably expect what happened based on past experiences. The
effect of Lila's Child is still resonating with me, like a gigantic
bell that once rung has yet to dissipate... the chime only grows
louder and more insistent. And of course looking back I tell myself
how the entire process was bound to happen due to the preconditions
set in place.

Anyway...

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 8:50 PM, Austin Fatheree
<austin.fatheree at gmail.com> wrote:
> ....NM Taleb is tending bar.
>
> Thus goes the conversation in my head at the moment.
>
> I've just finished Lila's Child after having finished Lila about two months
> ago and I'm quickly realizing that I'm around 15 years late to the party.

Thank you for reading Lila's Child. Hopefully you gained a bit of
insight into the nuances of the MOQ. I know I certainly did while
putting the book together.

> Any suggestions on how to get caught up on the last 15 years worth of
> discussion without having to read the entire mailing list archive?  What
> are the most active/up-to-date corners of the internet to explore more
> about the MOQ?  Most of the stuff out there looks like it hasn't been
> updated in 15 years.

If you haven't already, I'd check out Anthony McWatt's website at
www.robertpirsig.org. He has lots of valuable information as well as
links to other MOQ-related sites.

> I look forward to following along and learning more,
> Austin

Thanks again, Austin.

Dan

> --