[MD] What the MOQ community can learn from the rise of the neoliberals

Jan Anders Andersson jananderses at telia.com
Sun Dec 4 04:43:01 PST 2016

Well, MOQ’ers, the answer to the question about if a trust is bad and competion is good for the consumer should not be based on prejudice.

Competion is war between corporations and merge is peace made by negotiation. The prejudice that a low price is good for the consumer leads to overconsumption of goods and duties and a planet full of waste. My advice is to put the perspective point outside the whole planet. Then we will able to see that resources are scarce. If a world trust, like Oil companies for example, should be able to put a long term stable prize on oil where the consumer value is considered, we shouldn’t have burnt half of the oil resources in one single century. The air would have been cleaner and horses have a higher value and a happier life. Just as an example.

Nations are not corporations. I’ve seen many people vote for Trump becuse they think he’s a good leader for a corporation and by that he should be a good leader for the US. Nothing could be more wrong. A business can solve problems in ways that are impossible for a nation. A nation can’t fire people that doesn’t put an economic value to the nation for example. (Yes, the nazis had no problem with that). The free market of a nation does not exist inside a company. A company is dictated by command from the board and the CEO to avoid sub-optimization. Running the economy of a nation by command is what the communists try to do.

Market economists (neoliberals and others) and command economists (communists, dictators and Marxists), both parties never discuss the foundations for Price. Still price is the foundation for all economic decisions and every single calculation. Every excel-sheet is based on faith in price as holy matter.

A free market consist of FREE decisions by BOTH the seller and the buyer. If the price to distribute is higher than the buyers Value, then there will not be a deal. If the seller can’t get a profit from the deal he will not sell. Every trade is an agreement by a seller and a buyer, where both think that they will benefit from the trade. The seller has a calculated price where the costs are lower than the price which normally leads to a profit, while the buyer will buy if the price is lower than the Value of the good or duty, leading to a higher standard of life. Cheapness is the leading word here. Cheapness is the modern religion practiced at the shopping mall temples. Most of you experience this several times a day.

The economic yield of a nation is the total sum of both the profits from the seller AND the rise of consumer standard. Please notice that today GNP is only calculated by the sellers revenue and profit, while consumer Value is not included. Ricardo and Marx, by other’s, totally ignored the consumer value as the incentive for the buying part. Generally speaking, the consumer incentive to buy, should statistically be at the same volume as the sellers incentive to get a profit. If you take a look at Cost-benefit analysis this line for consumer Value and benefit at the figures is always missing. Emphasis is always put on the sellers benefit and incentive to sell. Not one consider the buyers incentive to buy.

Therefore, monopolys and trusts should NOT cause damage to consumers in the long run. An oil trust for example, can not put a too high price on oil because that would lead to too small consumer values and too few deals.

The base for consumer values should be discussed at the intellectual level and not by unconscious feelings. When the discussion of consumer value and Price is elevated up to the intellectual level based on prudent agreements between consumer organizations and Trusts, instead of this price war on the "free unconscious market” then we will see a new time of world economy that better correspond with the MOQ. Will it be implemented by Bernie Sanders?

all the best

Jan-Anders Andersson