[MD] John Carl: Ignoramous or Troll?

david dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 08:34:26 PDT 2016

________________________________
From: Moq_Discuss <moq_discuss-bounces at lists.moqtalk.org> on behalf of John Carl <ridgecoyote at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2016 11:48 AM
To: moq_discuss at moqtalk.org
Subject: Jeez, what a Fraudulent Ignoramus!

John said to dmb,

So... Pirsig would fit well with Whitehead except that  Whitehead isn't
anti-theistic enough?

For my part, I'd rather see RMP aligned with a prominent and accepted
philosopher, but hey, thats just me.

<http://robertpirsig.org/SneddonThesis.html>dmb says:

RMP has aligned himself with mainstream American philosophy, with Pragmatism and Radical Empiricism, and there is a mountain of evidence for that as well as clear and explicit claims by Pirsig in Lila. Whitehead, on the other hand, is not particularly prominent or accepted among philosophers BECAUSE of his theism and his metaphysics. This is not my opinion but rather a fact about the world of philosophy. Here is some clear and simple evidence from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy:

6. Whitehead's Influence

Unlike the logical apparatus Whitehead developed with Russell, Whitehead's attempt to provide a metaphysical unification of space, time, matter, events and teleology has been less than enthusiastically embraced by members of the broader philosophical community. In part, this may be because of the connections Whitehead saw between his metaphysics and traditional theism. [...] Thus, although not especially influential among many Anglo-American secular philosophers, Whitehead's metaphysical ideas continue to have influence among some theologians and philosophers of religion.

Will this evidence have any effect on your easily defeated claim, John? I seriously doubt it. Are you even capable of being persuaded by evidence or reason? I've never seen any evidence of that.

I suggest a different hobby, one that involves your hands but not your intellect.

--
"finite players
play within boundaries.