[MF] MOQ and theism

Muzikhed at aol.com Muzikhed at aol.com
Thu Dec 29 08:01:05 PST 2005

Kevin:
  Thanks for sharing your concepts regarding a life of  quality.  I respect
your 30 year marriage.  I agree the narrator  showed compassion at the end of
Lila, but I wonder what you meant by the phrase  "he chose to share his life
with Lila."   Is there a spot I missed  where the narrator decided he was
potentially going to share his life with  Lila?  It seemed when Rigel came and took
her away, the narrator was  saved from having to face this dilemma of what to
do with Lila.
    In my life, in a similar situation, no similar  Rigel came to save me
from such a fate, so it's a key plot  detail.  This is off the point (of theism),
but I wanted to touch on  that one detail because it's crucial to me.
Thanks.

Kevin said:
  I think this is what Pirsig was saying in Lila.  What struck me  most was,
in the end, when the narrator chose to share his life with Lila.   He showed
compassion.