[MF] Mysticism again

Lorenz Gude lgude at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 7 05:49:00 PST 2005

Hi Sam Maggie and all

I know I want to engage mysticism most of all the suggested topics and
after rereading Sam's essay of Dec 2004 on mysticism find Sam's wanting
a Christian discussion understandable. I hope it wouldn't be too
limiting because I want a serious discussion of mysticism as Sam clearly
does. He would find me not Christian although highly respectful of the
Christian tradition and distinctly not new age. I would hope that the
thread system will be robust enough to accommodate these kind of
differences. Sam's essay has already been extremely helpful to me in
better understanding the history of mysticism in the West and where I
might look for newer ideas about mysticism. I am trying to anticipate
the kind of problem that can arise from too limited a discussion while
recognising the experience we have all had of the chaos in too broad a
discussion.