[MF] R: the way forward for MoQ discussion lists

Dean Summers dsummers at uclan.ac.uk
Mon Nov 7 05:04:51 PST 2005

Hi all,
Having only joined the MOQ a few months ago my perspective is obviously
pretty limited, but there's a couple of points that might be worthwhile
anyway:

After lurking and 'getting to know' the MOQ Discuss for a while, I was
completely overwhelmed by the volume of mail and the chaotic nature of
the postings.  This was so frustrating, it put me off taking part and in
the end I simply had to quit to save my sanity. My practical suggestion
would be to move to something like a wiki instead to deal with this.

Secondly, I might be misunderstanding this, but the separation of
thought and discussion into different boxes such as Art / Politics /
Metaphysics / Investigation / Critique sounds wrong (and against the
ethos of the philosophy in question)to me.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll work out the best possible solution. Here's
looking forward to a new, improved forum.

Best

Dean