[MF] Open plan MoQ

Matt poot mattpoot at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 13 20:23:42 PST 2005

Hi Jonathan,

There are many reasons for me wanting to move to a PhBB2 style forum;

1: My time for the internet is not always there (i have to go elsewhere for
access) , and it makes it difficult for me, if I have to sort through 100+
emails.

2: As for the "seperate rooms" , it doesn't have to be so chopped up.  heres
an example of the structure (possibly)

----------------------------FORUM----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        vvv                                    vvv
        vvv
MOQ Discuss                          MoQ Focus
off-topic

That leaves things pretty much the way they are, and gives an option for
posts that are of interest , but not entirely MoQ oriented (i e. books to
read, movies, etc.)

3:  It is just much easier.  If you want to change the title of a thread,
just create a new one with a hyperlink to the previous thread.

4: Sometimes, my and others messages seem to take a very long time to get
sent through, making threads very chopped up.   With a forum, they are
pretty much instant, and you can edit them if you made spelling, or other
mistakes, or to pop links in.

5:  It is very user friendly (which is important for welcoming newcomers)

Hope this is good for the open concept?

POOT