[MF] the way forward for MoQ discussion lists

Gert-Jan Peeters gjpeeters at home.nl
Mon Nov 21 15:29:28 PST 2005

Hi Rebecca and Horse,

The wikki spam was terrible. A dark chapter in my wiki life. Now some
parts that where 'targetted' in the past have the password (wich is
'enter') put on it. It is explained on the first page of the wiki. I
reckon that webbots who place this crap cannot figure out what this
password can be. The second protection is a add-on that will prevent a
user to place more then 5 outside links if these links are not approved.
(so a user has to place-aprove-place-aprove with 5 links a time) Spam
can still be placed. But not by a webbot anymore. Sure those webbots are
getting smarter as we speak, but until that time I think the wiki is a
safe place (typing while keeping my fingers crossed is quite hard to do
ill tell you)

Have fun.

GJ