[MF] Onward and downward!

Steve Mack smackc4 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Feb 20 20:54:18 PST 2006

Marsha,

I harken back a few days to this and to your statement that "The concept of love is a description of a high quality experience".

You're talking it seems, of the TYPICAL 'High & positive quality' concept of love, as in male/female [or same sex] 'extreme' liking of the other person and ideally of each other.  What if one was an abused [sexually, physically or mentally] child and HATED the actions of a parent/guardian, yet throughout one's life, is still able to [honestly] state, that they 'loved' their abusing parent, despite these actions?

Is this 'love' still a 'high quality' experience in your estimation, even though the experience in the outlined scenario above, was of an extremely LOW quality?

Steve