[MF] Onward and downward!

MarshaV marshalz at charter.net
Tue Feb 21 00:02:51 PST 2006

At 11:54 PM 2/20/2006, Steve wrote:

>I harken back a few days to this and to your statement that "The
>concept of love is a description of a high quality experience".
>
>You're talking it seems, of the TYPICAL 'High & positive quality'
>concept of love, as in male/female [or same sex] 'extreme' liking of
>the other person and ideally of each other.  What if one was an
>abused [sexually, physically or mentally] child and HATED the
>actions of a parent/guardian, yet throughout one's life, is still
>able to [honestly] state, that they 'loved' their abusing parent,
>despite these actions?
>
>Is this 'love' still a 'high quality' experience in your estimation,
>even though the experience in the outlined scenario above, was of an
>extremely LOW quality?

The word 'love' is a label that can be used to describe a high
quality experience.  It can be used to describe a dynamic experience,
or it can be used in a very static way.  To your "What if" question,
it could be either.  Do I believe you can look at a person (who over
a lifetime abused you), and experience a dynamic, high quality?  Yes
I do.  I suppose it depends on the moment and the baggage (static
quality) you're carrying.  The word 'love' is just a word, a
descriptor.  It's the quality in the experience that counts.

Marsha